TM, JKR signed MoU to work towards improving the development of Malaysia’s digital economy
Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM), through its business solutions arm, TM ONE, and Public Works Department (Jabatan Kerja Raya – JKR) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on a partnership to establish JKR as the pioneer in the implementation of Internet of Things (IoT) technology for the Malaysian government and its agencies.
This collaboration marks a committed effort between TM and JKR with a partnership to contribute towards the growth of the construction industry, with the provisioning of more efficient road facilities, smart traffic system, and smart buildings as well as encouraging a thriving digital economy for the country.
In regards to the collaboration, TM ONE’s Executive Vice President, Ir. Azizi A Hadi said, “We are excited to work hand in hand with JKR to accelerate the delivery of our digital services and solutions to help government agencies at addressing diverse challenges across various sectors such as transportation, safety and security, environmental and social sustainability and public services.”
He further elaborated, “As an enabler of Malaysia’s Digital Nation aspirations, TM through TM ONE is committed to play its strategic role in realising the Digital Government aspiration through Digital Solutions and Connectivity, true to TM’s vision of To Make Life and Business Easier, for a Better Malaysia.”
The MoU would see both parties establishing a basis for cooperation and collaboration that covers the broad framework of joint initiatives and feasibility studies on IoT technology development. These developments include:
- Development of IoT platform for construction industry
- Connecting the nation via a public online reporting system
- Embarking on Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR4.0) with smart traffic management system and smart transportation
- Optimising asset management, including fleet management, energy management, smart building management, disaster management and utility mapping.
- Continuous research initiatives in the field of digitalisation, optimisation, security, data analytics, machine learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
TM ONE is devoted to be the strategic enabler of a protected hyperconnected ecosystem by delivering IoT, Big Data and smart services, leveraging on its complete digital solutions.
By collaborating with one another, both parties will be able to draw on each other’s strengths to create better value and support the development of Malaysia’s digital economy.
Click here to learn more on the real estate industry at IQI Global.